Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 8- Saturday 12- KNOW & BELIEVE

Hello Friends and Family,

This is Donna. First off, thank you to Andrew for the blogging this week. He did a great job of conveying our week to those of you who followed along with our journey. Please be aware that your money, your prayers, and your love make you an integral part of this team and we come to Honduras representing Our God and Our Jesus with your strength in Him. Thank you.

Secondly, thank you for all of your prayers. I am thankful to report that it wasn't the Honduran water that took me down on Friday, but it was a nasty virus that lasted for about 12-16 hours. Yuck. The virus had been travelling through the other mission team at Villa Gracia and only infiltrated into ours by taking down Joe early in the week and me on Friday. It was miserable while it lasted but after my fever broke late Friday night, I was all better, just exhausted. Thank you for your prayers and concern. I am certain God worked this to His glory reminding each of us that He is Lord and reigned in the work done on Friday, using our sweet Anna as His vessel. She stepped up and honored Him with her leadership, and we give glory to God for His work through her and the team on Friday.

Saturday morning we slept in a little and had breakfast at 7:45. After loading our luggage onto the bus- half as much as we brought with us because we left the rest on the mountain as shoe and clothing donations- we sat on the "deck" under the tree and had our final team devo. Our Theme this year is KNOW & BELIEVE, and so in the midst of our worship, we wrote out on card stock what we know and believe after this week of God's service in Honduras. Below is what God has revealed to our team as written on our devo cards:

I KNOW that God provides for us even in the worst situations. I BELIEVE that with God all things are Possible.

I KNOW that God answers prayers BIG and small. I BELIEVE God is good.

I KNOW I have sisters and brothers all over the Globe!That makes me happy. I BELIEVE in the HOPE of Jesus!

I KNOW the God of my heart is the God of the dump and He is FAITHFUL, regardless of what my human eyes can see. I BELIEVE Jesus will come again and make all things right.

I KNOW that injustice is everywhere; both here and around the world, BUT I BELIEVE that God will lift those people from that curse... whether here or upon His return.

I KNOW a little faith goes a long way! I BELIEVE He rains many blessings in Honduras.

I KNOW Jesus is all we need. I BELIEVE in the power of prayer.

I KNOW Roy is all that is man- Our team is awesome. I BELIEVE God takes you just how you are and uses you.

I KNOW that only GOD is GOD- that there is joy & peace in serving Him- it is a delight to serve Him together. I BELIEVE we can do far more than we think we can- in His strength.

I KNOW God is good! I BELIEVE He is here.

I KNOW that everywhere I may go in the world that I have a family made 1 in Christ. I BELIEVE that through God, nothing is impossible.

I KNOW that many still need God. I BELIEVE that God uses a few to change the world and give God to many

I KNOW I need to learn Spanish- so I can share the words to give birth to faith. I BELIEVE hearts have been opened of those in Honduras & those returning to the States.

I KNOW that poverty is real. I BELIEVE God is mighty to save.

I KNOW God has created & can see the big picture. I BELIEVE He has a plan.

I KNOW God is healer. I BELIEVE He uses His people to bring the healing.

I KNOW that through God all things are possible. I BELIEVE prayer is one of the most important parts of being a Jesus follower.

I KNOW God is love. I BELIEVE loving is the best way to show them God.

I KNOW that this country has forever changed me, my heart, my life, my faith. I BELIEVE that we make a difference, one person at a time.

I KNOW God loves all of us- Hondurans and Americans. I BELIEVE God has a plan & a hope and a future for all of us.

I KNOW in times of great change & growth, satan attacks are very often. I BELIEVE if God is assisting with the change then the result was His plan and the attacks strengthen us.

I KNOW God is with us always- Jesus is with us no matter how bad things may get. I BELIEVE we all have a purpose- God sent us here for a reason.

I KNOW that God blesses those who bless others. I BELIEVE that we have been richly blessed this week.

I KNOW my God is alive and active. I BELIEVE He works through us to be one.

I KNOW Christians are humans too. I BELIEVE that hard work makes you stronger even when you're tired.

I KNOW that this week we have done God's will and people in Honduras have seen how good God is. I BELIEVE that people have been touched this week by the work that we have done. We brought them hope, happiness, smiles, food, encouragement, and a roof over their heads that brings honor and glory to God.

I KNOW God lives in me. I BELIEVE we can make a difference.

I KNOW He is alive in all of us. I BELIEVE all can be done in the Lord.

I KNOW I climbed the wall faster than Carlos. I BELIEVE that God wants me to be here.

I KNOW God is amazing. I BELIEVE that we have forever changed the hearts of these people.

I KNOW God has plans to PROSPER all people, to give EVERYONE Hope and a future (Jer. 29:11). I BELIEVE it is a blessing to be a blessing.

I KNOW that God is with me wherever I go. I BELIEVE we can make a difference in Honduras.

I KNOW that this is what God has called me to do, serving His people. I know that God will continue to show love and mercy here. I BELIEVE God is faithful.

I KNOW people need hope. I BELIEVE God is the only hope.

I KNOW that my God is bigger than I am- more than I can imagine- capable of more than I give Him credit. I BELIEVE He can work miracles.


God, we give you all glory and praise and honor... You are worthy of it all. Continue the work you began in us in Honduras and the work you began among the friends and "family" that we now have in Honduras that you called us to serve in the name of Jesus. May we all KNOW that you are the LORD our God and may we all BELIEVE in Jesus that we all may have life, now and later, and may we share that hope and that power with the world. Through the powerful name of Jesus, we boldly, and gratefully pray. Thank you, Father.

No comments: