Thursday, June 9, 2011

Love Out Loud ~ Day 1 ~2011

Dearest friends and family,

My name is Jenny Bortell. This is my first time in Honduras, my first mission trip. I'm here with my husband and 3 kids. My daughter, Lacey and I will be putting together some blogs for you all at home to share in our daily experiences. So, on that note:

We are HERE and we are safe. Our traveling day was just wonderful. We had no problems at all. Everyone arrived when and where expected, we were on time, our flights were perfect, our luggage arrived, in other words, God was working in every detail. Jen and her interns have given us a welcome above all others. We have such a beautiful and comfortable place to base our week and to renew ourselves.

We visited Casitas Kennedy today. It's an state run orphanage that is the first stop for all orphans needing to go through processing. These sweet kids need some loving and we were there to shower them with it! There was popcorn, cotton candy, and of course, some soccer.

Tomorrow, we will fill you in on some more details but tonight, some sleep is on the menu. Thank you all for your prayers and you support getting us here. We will hit the ground running tomorrow at 7 a.m. to build some classrooms for some very special students. :-)

Goodnight!

9 comments:

flowerpetal2009 said...

Thanks for posting Jenny! May God continue to bless each and everyone serving this week and the hearts of those being served!

Moonmaid said...

Great Post- and Great to hear that you all arrived safe and sound! Bless your hearts..♥

Anna said...

I'm so glad you all arrived safe and sound! I pray God continues to bless each and every one of you as you bless the people of Honduras. I'm excited to hear all the adventures He has in store for you! Love and miss you all and I wish I could be there with you.

Marty said...

Glad to hear you guys got there safely and everything is going well. We are praying for you all and the work you are doing. Tell Jama and Luke we love and miss them already! /Marty

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post so glad you all made it safe, cant wait for your next one. Tell Patrick we love & miss him.
The Perkins'

Tracy said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound. I know you guys are doing amazing things and are showing/sharing God's love. Praying daily for all of you. Missing you too!

Anonymous said...

love you guys....please be safe and do BIG and wonderful things for His Kingdom!

Much love to all...
Heather Hess

Anonymous said...

So proud of everyone and Patrick we love and miss you..Glad to be able to read about your work there.

crtoothman said...

Thank you Jenny for doing this! I am happy you are all safe and sound! Take care of my sis and her boys. :) Love ya all!